Monday, February 4, 2013

DC Bound


It's been over 15 years since I've been to the Capital, so I am super excited for my return on Wednesday!!!

I'm very fortunate to be crossing the border for a non-profit conference for a bit of career development (gotta love how conferences count as education)!  I'm looking forward to learning practical tips from industry insiders, hearing inspirational stories about groundbreaking campaigns, and meeting other people who have a passion for making a difference.

I'll also be visiting one of my oldest and dearest friends from Orlando (and she so kindly offered me her couch for the duration of my stay).  She finally made the big move out of the Sunshine State to DC and has been living the big city life ever since!  I'm utterly delighted to catch up with an old bestie, get a tour of her favorite places, and wander the streets of Georgetown (with a must-needed trip to Kennedy hotspots...)!

Cobbled streets, famous monuments, and stories to keep me inspired for the next year ahead..... here I come!

If you have any must-sees or must-dos, please share!

xoxo,

  

4 comments:

  1. Have a great time! I've never been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great visit! Can't wait to see a picture recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love DC! I've been about 5 times in the last 10 years, and every time I discover something new!

    I would say the Smithsonian is a(n obvious) must, especially Air and Space, but the Newseum is also amazing (though it's not free). All of Georgetown is neat to just wander around. If you get a chance to get over to Alexandria, it's really cute and historical as well. And also...monuments! I find the Lincoln monument to be incredibly inspiring.

    Have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to DC last april and I absolutely loved it! My favourite attraction was probably the Newseum so If you get a chance you should definitely check it out! I think it was around $15 but it was well worth the money! Hope you have a fun and fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete