Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's In My Bag - Library Edition


Let me first admit that I am not a big fan of the library.  There is something about the extreme silence that makes me a little anxious.  Normally I prefer to study in our on-campus coffee shop. But there are times when extreme silence is a necessity.  So when I do go to the library, I practically move in, staying for the majority of the day.


I bring a LOT with me, here it goes:
  • Lands' End large tote
  • Scout lunch tote
  • Lilly coffee tumbler
  • cold drink tumbler
  • school books and notebooks
  • pencil case
  • laptop and charger
  • planner
  • post-its galore
  • cozy Lilly sweater
  • ipod
  • legal pads
  • wallet and glasses (not pictured)
Food on campus is horrendously overpriced, so I tend to bring healthy snacks of my own.  And I carry both a hot and cold tumbler for the all coffee and water trips.  I drink a LOT of water and coffee when on a daily basis, even more when stressed.

I take a lot of notes when studying because it helps me remember things a little better (I have a terrible memory), so I may as well write them all on pretty pink paper.  I also bring many different types of post-its (I have a post-it obsession. I have a designated post-it drawer, it's that bad).  I use the lined ones for notes and lists, and the other to flag pages or write definitions of terms as I'm reading. My pencil case is also scary full, but I'm always prepared for anything:
  • Lilly clear pencil case (from a tote)
  • Bobbi Brown and Nars lipgloss
  • USB portable storage
  • dry-erase marker (for the white boards in group study rooms)
  • highlighters
  • Tide stick (these are amazing!)
  • nail file and clipper - I'm a recovering nail-biter (gross, I know) so I keep these with me so that whenever I break or chip a nail I can file it down and end the temptation to bite it
  • pencils
  • pens
  • advil (for the frequent headaches)
  • Sharpies
  • hairclip
  • post-its ("m" shaped)
  • gum
  • hand sanitizer (library surfaces are full of icky germs)
Does anyone have any library necessities not listed?


xoxo,





5 comments:

  1. You have everythin I could think of! I totally agree about the whole silent thing. Sometimes I'll drive to a bookstore or Starbucks nearby my campus to work, since the library is so quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bag with cute contents!!!! :) Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! It must weigh a ton! I have the same Lilly cup and cold cup cept I have them in green and blue...I missed the pink one *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  4. SP- Check preppyprincess.com. They have a couple of patterns that are pink and green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink legal pads! sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete