Friday, October 15, 2010

What's Your Favorite Souvenir?

In my One Minute Louvre art history class we've been focusing a lot on tourist art and objects of travel.  We were asked to bring in our favorite object of travel, either picked up on our own travels of given to us by a friend who was traveling.  We then had to explain the authenticity of our objects.  I chose to bring in my babushkas from that I bought while in Prague during my junior year on exchange:


So obviously my babushkas aren't exactly authentic representations of the Czech culture, but I still love them!


Do you have any super fun objects of travel that you absolutely love?

xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. A babushka is a head scarf...I believe what you have there are matryoshkas.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete