Saturday, August 8, 2009

Food for Thought

I just got back from seeing the new Julie & Julia film and all I want to do right now is dive into a chocolate cake. Do not, I repeat, do not, see this film if you have no self-restraint when it comes to food. As I was watching all of those superbly-crafted works of gastronomical art, all I could think was why oh why did I decide to limit my intake of carbs, sugar, dairy, and all other things delicious. My mouth was watering, my stomach was rumbling, and my eyes were widening with each smooth stroke of her spatula as she spread the chocolate frosting across the chocolate gateau.
Of course the film was wonderful- witty, inspirational, with a pinch of drama. Overall, a good film to see with my mother (which was a common idea, apparently, given the number of mother-daughter pairings).
Now I am home attempting to find something adequately-appetizing to eat that still satisfies my dietary restraints. Off to look at some recipes.
In the famous words of Julia Child (and many Frenchmen who preceded her)...
Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to seeing this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see this movie! Sounds great. I know I will be hungry afterwards. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing this movie tomorrow night! So excited!

    ReplyDelete